I got this image from an online community. I’m sharing it with everybody who wants to write from better to best.
A little encouragement can go a long way so if you like this, click on the “Like” (star icon) at the bottom of this post.
If you’d like to share your own writing tips with the rest of us, post your comment and we’ll surely appreciate it.
12 1/2 Writing Tips
1. If you write every day, you’ll get better at writing every day.
2. If it’s boring to you, it’s boring to your reader.
3. Get a writing routine, and stick with it.
4. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme. Poetry does not NOT have to rhyme.
5. Resist stereotypes, in real life and in your writing.
6. Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.
7. Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things.
8. There doesn’t always have to be a moral in to the story.
9. Always bring your notebook. Always bring a spare pen.
10. Go for walks. Dance. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it.
11. Don’t settle on just one style. Try something new!
12. Learn to tell both sides of the story.
12 1/2. Stop looking at this poster. WRITE SOMETHING!