I hope I’m not the first to burst your bubble but by now you may have realized that in this life, you just can’t have it all. We can attain some level of completion in one area but fail in another. Right here and now, there will always be something that’s wrong or missing, or something confusing.
Let me guess, at least one thing below is true to you…
- Born to an imperfect family
- Works to achieve a goal in the future
- Tied to a spouse with a habit you hate
- Often quips “If only…I’ll be very happy”
- Has an aspect in your job that you loathe
- Owns a cellphone or gadget that lacks a feature you badly need
That’s because we don’t (and can’t) control everything. In a way, it’s good because what is there to hope for, look forward to, and live for tomorrow if we have everything now?
And while we can’t have it all and there are situations where we don’t have much choice, there are some good things we can have and do like:
- Have the right principles, perspective and priorities to succeed
- Learn to be content and make the best of what we have now
- Maintain a good attitude because ATTITUDE = ALTITUDE
- What is the greatest use of my time now?
- What can I spend my life on that will outlast it?
- Who can I work with to help me succeed or whom I can help succeed?
Where you spend your time, money and efforts determine the outcome and impact of your life.
You can’t have it all but who says you have to?