In this world where everyone wants to be famous, be number one, or to be served, there’s a scarcity for men and women whose lives are marked by humility, service, and love for God and His people.
There’s always an opportunity to serve anytime, anywhere, and with whatever skills or resources you got. So serve…
- Even if you don’t get the credit for your efforts or ideas, serve anyway.
- Even if you are not given the position you feel you have already earnestly earned, serve anyway.
- Even if you are accused of being an attention-seeker, manipulative, or stereotyped unfavorably for speaking up, asking questions, or standing up for your convictions…serve anyway.
- Even if you are often ignored and scorned, serve anyway.
- Even if it hurts so bad being a Nobody with your good intentions, serve anyway.
- Even if there are times you feel like you are fighting for a worthy cause alone, serve anyway.
- Even if you’re not recognized for your contributions, serve anyway.
- Even if your service is misconstrued to be self-serving or you are misunderstood – God knows your motives – serve anyway.
- Even if sometimes, you grow tired of doing what you do best for the good of many, serve anyway.
- Even if sometimes you feel like giving up because you often don’t see the fruits of your service as planned, serve anyway.
Serve because ultimately, you are not only serving people who may eventually forget you, leave you, or even hurt you. More importantly, you are serving God, your Divine Maker, your Heavenly Father and your Great Rewarder.
Remember: you are blessed to be a blessing, saved to serve, and loved to love until the last ounce of your strength…until your very last breath…until you see JESUS in heaven.
So in whatever way you can, at any time, or place…serve…because your labors of love for God are not in vain.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” – Mark 12:30 NIV
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” – Galatians 6:9-10 NIV
“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up.” – James 4:10 NIV
- Serve With Love
- Quote: Acid Test of Servant-Leadership
- Archive Notes 4: Best Leadership Practices
- Practicality in Spirituality
- Archive Notes 1: Living and Leaving A Legacy