In Victory’s second week of “Proof” series, my appreciation for a life of purity with God’s grace was taken further as I was awed (and awakened) by Pastor Dawny Perez’s preaching at Victory Metro East’s 9:00 a.m. church service yesterday.
I’m not a morning person (I have trouble waking up early) so I was late to church (but on time to hear the whole preaching). I was kind of sleepy going there but the way he delivered God’s message really struck me to the core.
I learned (yet again) that all the things we do to avoid sinning (fill-in the blanks with your most-hated yet oft-committed sin) are nothing compared to our committed reliance to Jesus Christ’s work, who is grace Himself personified.
Without God’s grace, we cannot…
- Love and serve those hard-to-love people (ourselves included)
- Grow in Christ-like character
- Love our work and do it excellently (and consistently) to please God and not just men
- Remain faithful to someone we’re in a relationship with
- Live with integrity and radical honesty wherever we are, even when left alone
- Stand and fight for our convictions
- Forgive others and move on
- Succeed in life the right way
- Change ourselves and our situation
- Influence others to do what’s right
- Be at peace and comforted when tough times come
- Lead our family well (or those who follow us)
- Live life to the full
Surely these are just a few things we can’t do without God’s help. So with our Pastor’s admonition, let us cooperate to God’s work in us and live a life that honors Him…the Giver of our everything.