Every now and then, whenever I feel tired and lonely, a long way from home, I remind myself of the reasons why I love my job to keep me motivated. Here are just a few of them:
1. I get travel to many different awesome places.
2. I get to meet beautiful and interesting people from all walks of life and different cultures.
3. I can watch fascinating shows from musicals, comedy, concert, magic, aerial stunts at our on board theater.
4. Buffet meals! Buffet meals!
5. I am able to enhance my communication and relational skills further.
6. I am learning how to dance as a way of socializing.
7. I continue to hear inspiring stories of fellow Filipinos working to provide better future for their families.
8. I am stretching beyond my limits, gaining new knowledge and skills (stretching my faith too!).
9. I revel at stunning scenic views, breath-taking sunrises and sunsets.
10. I get variety of work assignments. (I get to be on stage too once-in-awhile.)
11. I have better compensation package, than what we’re getting in the Philippines.
12. I am gaining new friends, some from other parts of the world.
Maybe it will also help to remind yourself of possibly similar reasons why you do what you do, to keep you working inspired as you go through your day.