My first work overseas, signing on as Recreation Staff in February for Norwegian Jewel, opened up a whole new world for me filled with challenges, adventures and wonderful surprises.
This escalated further when I was promoted as a Crew Enrichment Admin (CEA) on my third month onboard, and while we’re on our 10-day dry dock in San Francisco, California.
My knowledge and expertise from past jobs and volunteer works helped me take on the responsibilities of my new role well. I hit the ground running hosting our June Crew Party.
Here are other events I spearheaded, some happened for the first time onboard:
- June 24 – Crew Portrait Night
- June 26 – June Birthday Celebrants Get-together
- June 29 – Crew Bar DJ Meeting
- July 1 – Detox & Weight Loss Seminar
- July 8 – Grunge Alternative Music Night @ Crew Bar
- July 10 – James Manners Acoustic Night @ Crew Bar
- July 14 – Digital Photo Seminar
- July 23 – NCL Pearl – Jewel Basketball Game
- July 24 – Better Crew Gym Meeting
- July 28 (Morning) – Crew Volunteer Service for Salvation Army Soup Kitchen
- July 28 (Evening) – Musicale “Band on the Run” Crew Show @ Stardust Theater
- August 5 – White Toga Crew Party c/o Spa Department
- August 6 – Crew Bridge Tour
- August 13 – Start of Crew Enrichment Club Meetings (Dance, Glee, Sports & Fitness, Mountaineering, Photo)
- August 15 – Butchart Gardens Crew Tour
From these events though, two stand out that are well-participated. First is our Crew Volunteer Service for Salvation Army Soup Kitchen where we served food for the homeless and jobless people in Ketchikan, Alaska. Secondly, the sign-up filled up fast and our crew enjoyed our Butchart Gardens Crew Tour in Victoria BC Canada.
Engaged Crew = Happy Guests. That’s my goal.